Getting ready

I'm at the final stages of packing now, and trying to prepare myself for heading off to Malaga tomorrow. There are so many butterflies in my stomach that I'm surprised there's room foor anything else there. Of course I'm also very much looking forward to the next two months, and to all the new things I will learn and all the new people I will meet. The Andalusian weather will be an added bonus, since the summer in Helsinki has so far been, well, not much of a summer at all.

My arrival date to Malaga coincides with the start of this year's Feria de Málaga, the annual Malaga city fair. The fair commemorates the re-conquest of the city by the Catholic Monarchs  of the Crown of Castile, Fernando and Isabel, in 1487. Nowadays the feria is a week-long street party that fills the center of the city with happy (and loud) people and plenty of flamenco and other things andalusian.

I have been to the Feria de Málaga once before, 11 years ago. I'm excited to be reunited with this beautiful and interesting city, and to a chance of looking at it from a new perspective, that of a person working in the travel and tourism sector.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final days in Malaga

Pilates, beach, and a work marathon

Sounds of feria