Sounds of feria

Note to self, and to anybody planning to visit Malaga in August in the future: if possible, avoid trying to walk in the city center with a suitcase during the feria, especially in the evening. I tried it yesterday, so I know what I'm talking about. The streets are so packed full of people in a festive mood that getting anywhere even without a suitcase can be difficult. With a suitcase, it's close to impossible.

It's not that I was completely unaware of what to expect. But my home away from home in Malaga is situated in the historical center of the city and not accessible by car, as far as I know. A taxi would not have done me much good, so I had to walk. Luckily I did finally reach my goal, with the help of some friendly malagueños (Malagan people).

Now I'm surrounded by the sounds of the festivities outside, and mentally trying to prepare myself for my first day of on-the-job learning tomorrow. I already had the chance to visit the office yesterday evening, so I know a little of what to expect. Hope it all goes well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pilates, beach, and a work marathon

Final days in Malaga