Pilates, beach, and a work marathon

Time flies, and there is only one month left of my on-the-job learning period here in Malaga. For me, the best part of working in the holiday apartment business is doing the check-ins and getting to meet people from many parts of the world and trying my best to make sure their holiday is Malaga starts of smoothly. In the process, I'm getting to know Malaga better myself day by day. The work is varied and rarely boring. It's also a bit stressful, because there's a ton of things to learn and you never know what problems you might encounter. As I'm still relatively new, there's a lot I don't know and need help with. Luckily a have very helpful collegues.

Starting from tomorrow, I will work nine days in row. To refuel my energies for the days ahead, I started my Wednesday off by finally signing up for a gym membership for the time I have left here. Going to a Pilates class after about a month's break was absolutely lovely - and a good 'refresher class' on how different body parts are called in Spanish :)

The rest of the day was spent relaxing at one of Malaga's many beaches, with hundreds, if not thousands, of other sunbathers. The Malagueta beach is the closest one to the city center, only about a 15 minute walk from Malaga´s main street, Marques de Larios. The central location makes the beach popular both among tourists and locals. During the first days of September, the temperature here has been around +30 C. Even though the peak season is over, the beaches are still full very day.

While Malaga's beaches are not the world's, or even Spain's, most impressive ones, they are nice enough and easily accessible. They also provide a decent amount of services. The Malagueta beach, for example, offers rental services of sunbeds and parasols, showers and public toilets, and a
playground for children. The beach restaurants, chiringuitos, are good places to try some fried fish and seafood, typical to this area.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final days in Malaga

Sounds of feria